Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Man Trap ( A Good Start ) 1 Down Lots to Go

:::SPOILERS AHEAD:::




 Well "The Man Trap" starts out my Star Trek Marathon Diet. I was wondering why this episode would have been the first Star Trek ever, because it didn't really introduce anyone or give it a feel of introducing the series.

Turns out I was right, kind of.

This was the first episode aired by NBC but NOT the first episode ever produced. Weird. I wonder why they did that?

Anyway, it's the first episode on my Star Trek: The Original Series - Seasons 1-3 [Blu-ray]
so that's good enough for me.

As soon as the DVD started up, I really liked the Blue Ray plus the "new look" of the planets. Digitally remastered if you will.

I'm just going to touch on random things that stuck out in my mind and not go into the whole show. Go watch it!

The Show started out really bad for the disposable guy. We see 3 guys beaming down on to a planet. Only Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy were introduced. The other guy HAS to know something bads about to happen to him since he isn't even mentioned. ( He dies next 5 minutes. )

Kirk, McCoy and Disposable guy meet up with a real A-hole archeologist and his wife wanting to do a physical or something. This guy was a REAL JERK right off. Come on dude, be a little more friendly with the people bringing you supplies. Damn

Disposable guy leaves the room and goes outside along with the wife. A few minutes later we hear the wife screaming. I noticed right off how the husband doesn't run right out the door....kind of like he knew what was going on.

Sometime or another we are back up to the ship and we get introduced to Spock and Uhura talking. I thought it was kind of strange/wierd for the first conversation we ever hear from Uhura she is so...sexual.

She really sounded like she was coming on to Spock!  Spock pretty much didn't get it but he DOES slide his finger along his collar like he was getting a bit hot and bothered. You go girl!

A speaking part that stood out a little after this was something Kirk said to McCoy. McCoy thru the whole show was wooing over his ex-girlfriend which was the crazed Archeologists wife. McCoy was purring about her at one point and Kirk pointedly told him to "Stop thinking with your glands!"  Rude! But we sure know who the Captain is at this point!

I thought it was funny that Sulu was introduced as a lover of plants...and while they didn't say it, he seemed like maybe he ran the Botany department of the starship surrounded by flowers. "Oh My!"

One thing that bugged me the whole show, was how salt craved this monster thing was. I mean, it couldn't get it's fill of salt! It would have sucked on the whole crew the first day if it could. If that was the case, how in the world did the husband keep that thing fed on salt...when it appeared he only had little tablets. Hmm..

At one point Sulu found a dead guy in the middle of a corridor. When he went to feel the guys pulse, the "dead guy" blinked. Doh! Not so dead now are you... Things you notice in Blue Ray I suppose...

I believe that 4 guys died in this episode. NONE of them had on Red Shirts! I wonder if that's a record.

Ok down towards the end as the monster is trying to suck our Kirk's salt, McCoy took FOREVER to shoot the freaking thing. Look McCoy, when something like this:


has it's hands wrapped around my head. Shoot the monster you idiot!!

I really liked that monster costume. Being a collector of movie and tv props, this would be SWEET to own. My guess is it would be at least $10,000 though, which would be a but out of my range.

Well that's it. I think I am going to just point out things in the future episodes that stood out rather than reviewing the whole show. This one was entertaining but I think it could have moved a bit quicker.

How does everyone feel about this show? Like it? Don't Like it? Why or why not?

Oh yeah...the weight thing. I did 30 minutes on the strider and did some sit ups and VERY few push ups

Weight 183.8--   BMI 26.6

No comments:

Post a Comment