Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Enemy Within -- 5 Down Lots to Go

:::SPOILERS AHEAD:::

Ok watched this one on Monday July 18th. Did 30 minutes on the strider and did crunches and some push ups. I REALLY need to get in the habit to update this blog immediately after I work out/watch a Star Trek or at least the next day.

As this is my first real blog, I think I will get better. Any advice?

Anyway as of Monday my weight hadn't changed much but I chalk that up to not trying as hard as I should. Have worked out twice this week and plan to do it today so it's getting better.

Kirk Really Having Problems
So this show was about a Transporter Malfuction that somehow splits the bad you and the good you into two different parts. That freaking transporter is soooo dangerous. I can completely understand why McCoy hates it.

The malfuntion occurs unfortunately while Sulu is on the planet below with 3 no name guys, and the temperature of the planet is rapidly going down. 170 degrees below zero is what they are saying it could get down to.


One of my first thoughts is why they didn't wear warmer clothes and take thicker blankets...but I guess you can't prepare for everything. The whole show poor Sulu keeps making jokes about freezing to death...but I think he may have been happy to have 3 guys to cuddle with...

Kirk is the first to get split into and his bad self goes roaming around the ship for alcohol and women.

(Come on, is that REALLY a bad self?)

He gravitates towards Janice...who I am still surprised at how much air time she is getting. He slips into her cabin rather easily. These doors to these rooms sometimes need better locks.

Kirk pretty much is about to rape the poor girl who doesn't know what to think. Fairly rough stuff and a little uncomfortable to watch!

It looked pretty real so it goes along what I have been saying, that the acting on this show has been fantastic. I expected it to be pretty cheesy when I started but has been far from it.

Anyway Spock and Scotty come up with some crazy idea about the transporter putting the two halves back together...and luckily test it on a dog first. I'm wondering why this transporter didn't just squish the two bodies together into some sort of mushed up creature...but it works.

Another good show. Keeps my mind off the working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment