Saturday, July 16, 2011

Charlie X --- 2 Down Lots to Go

:::SPOILERS AHEAD:::

Ok doing a blog about Star Trek and weight loss has turned out harder than I expected. I HAVE been halfway working out but fallen way behind on my blog. Hopefully I can do better.

The good news is that I am down to 183lbs so we may have progress here folks.



The 2nd show I watched was Charlie X. This show immediately reminded me of a Twilight Episode I saw about a young boy controling his family because he could pretty much do anything he wanted.  Anyone remember that episode? " You're a bad man! You're a very bad man! "



Then the little brat wished them off to the corn field or something.

Anyway this episode was very similar as Charlie X had been raised by aliens and given special powers. When he met humans for the first time, he didn't cope too well.

Not going to go into the whole show so let's get the highlights.

I caught Spock smiling again plus Uhura really trying to sex him up again. This gives extra credence to Spock and Uhura's relationship in the new Star Trek Movie.





I'm guessing that one will be one of the last I watch.








Charlie X is one skinny dude. I mean Skkiiiiiny. Apparently there were no cakes and candies on his planet. Kirk wasted no time in getting his shirt off around Charlie X. I think this hurt in helping Charlie X fit in...thats for sure.



All thru the show Kirk really seemed uncomfortable around Charlie X, trying to pawn him off on other people and REALLY strict with him. It worked for a while but I think in the end Kirk was about to get himself wished off into the corn field.

Speaking of cornfields, the guy you see above is officially the first red shirt guy to be killed as far as I can tell. Charlie sends him away after the guy laughs at him. Calling this guy a red shirt guy is a bit of a stretch in my opinion to be honest, as the red shirts were mostly security guys and this guy, Sam, just likes hanging out and watch other men get sweaty.

I remember this episode scaring me when I was little, especially when Charlie X turned some girl into a lizard and wished the face off another girl. Brutal!

I was surprised at how much the Star Trek babe Janice was in these first two episodes. Growing up I don't remember her playing such a large part. Maybe she will slowly fade to the back.

NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment